• Tuesday, May 26, 2020
  • Last Update : 02:11 pm

Coronavirus: Daily new deaths hit new high of 4,883

  • Published at 08:56 am April 2nd, 2020
Iran-Covid-19-coronavirus
File Photo: Nurses wearing protective suits, prepare a patient with coronavirus to be transferred to Masih Daneshvari Hospital, in Tehran on March 30, 2020 Reuters

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 694,073

Despite countries enforcing lockdowns and other measures to stop the ongoing novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the world has witnessed an upward trend of new deaths from the deadly infection.

According to Worldometers, 4,883 new coronavirus deaths were recorded on Thursday, taking the total number of deaths from Covid-19 across the world to 47,232.

The number is 348 higher than that of the previous day, which was 4,535.

A week ago, on March 26, the number of new deaths worldwide was 2,791 and a week before that on March 19, it was 1,079.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 694,073.

Of the active case 658,595 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 35,478 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 194,276 (80%) people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

The Covid-19 pandemic has infected 935,581 people since its discovery in December 2019.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 203 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances -- the Diamond Princess cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan, and the Holland America's MS Zaandam cruise ship.

54
53
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail