Dipankar Dipon, director of 2017’s record breaking blockbuster hit film “Dhaka Attack” has filed a general diary (GD) on Thursday at Ramna Police Station stating fraudulence in the name of his film’s sequel “Dhaka Attack Extreme.”
In the diary Dipon stated that his film “Dhaka Attack” received massive popularity last year and a group of people is now using his name to call young women actors and promising them roles in his upcoming film in return for money.
Dipankar told the Bangla Tribune that he came to know this information on May 29 as an actress called him and told him about the issue. After that he informed RAB and filed a GD at Ramna police station on Thursday.
Many interested audience members did not get the opportunity to watch his film in the theatres and hope that its TV premiere on ATN Bangla will give them the opportunity to enjoy the film.
“Dhaka Attack” was released in 122 theatres across the country on October 6, 2017. Later on, “Dhaka Attack” also received massive responses overseas when it hit theatres across the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, and the Middle East.
After its massive success Dipankar Dipon announced its sequel titled “Dhaka Attack Extreme,” which will hit the theatres in 2019.
“Dhaka Attack,” which is said to be the first cop-action thriller of Dhallywood, features a total of 238 characters. With Arifin Shuvoo and Mahiya Mahi in the leading roles, the film boasts a heavyweight cast that includes Syed Hasan Imam, Alamgir, Afzal Hossain, Laila Hasan, ABM Suman, Shatabdi Wadud, and Nawshaba, among others.
Shuvoo plays a daredevil police officer, working with the police’s bomb disposal unit in the film, while Mahi plays the role of a journalist. The film also was also praised by the audience for the performance of its psychotic villain named Zisan played by newcomer heartthrob Taskeen Rahman.