The boy was referred to Dhaka as his condition deteriorated further, however, he died on the way
A boy died after accidentally consuming poison intended to be used for bird hunting.
The incident occurred on Sunday afternoon in Poail village under Boalmari upazila of Faridpur.
The deceased was identified as Taj Sheikh, 7, son of Kamrul Sheikh, a farmer from Poail village under the upazila, confirmed Boalmari police Sub-Inspector (SI) Sarwar Hossain
He said: “The boy’s family members initially rushed him to the Upazila Health Complex and then later took him to Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical College Hospital in Faridpur Sadar for better treatment.
“From there, he was referred to Dhaka as his condition deteriorated further. However, he died on the way.”
An unnatural death case has been filed with Boalmari police station by the boy’s father, the police officer added.