They are survived by their four-year-old daughter
A man and his wife died from electrocution in the South Tutpara area of Khulna on Thursday.
The deceased were identified as Khan Mohammad Shaon, 35, and his wife Jannat Begum, 26.
They are survived by their four-year-old daughter, confirmed Khulna police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Hasan Al Mamun to Dhaka Tribune.
According to locals, the family of three used to live on the third floor of an apartment building in the area.
Around 11:30am on Thursday, local people spotted the duo holding an iron rod on the balcony of their house and immediately alerted the cops.
Later, firemen recovered their dead bodies.
Police and firefighters suspect that the couple died after coming in contact with a live electric wire during a family dispute on the apartment's balcony.