Three other construction workers had also fallen sick
Two construction workers died while three others fell sick after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank at East Ilisha area of Sadar upazila in Bhola on Saturday morning.
The deceased have been identified as Abdul Malek, 45, and Jashim, 40.
Locals said the five workers had just built the septic tank at one Nirob Bulai's house in the Ponditer Pole area of East Ilisha a month ago.
On Saturday morning, Abdul went to Nirob's house to inspect the newly built septic tank.
Abdul first got down into the septic tank. When he failed to return, the others entered inside to check on him.
Later local people rescued all the five and rushed them to Bhola Sadar Hospital, where doctors declared Abdul and Jashim dead, said medical officer Dr Amanullah.
Among the others, Kabir and Shahabuddin are recuperating at the hospital, while Nabi has been released after first aid, the doctor said.