His wife, who was also injured in the incident, succumbed to her injuries on Monday
Another person, who sustained critical burn injuries along with five members of his family in the April 23 gas leak explosion in Fatullah, Narayanganj, has died at a Dhaka hospital, taking the death toll to two.
Habibur Rahman, 56, died at around 9pm on Tuesday, while undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. He suffered about 85% burns.
Habibur’s wife Aleya Begum, 42, succumbed to her injuries on Monday.
Their son Limon, 20, and their daughters Shathi, 25, Mim, 22, and Mim's 3-month-old daughter are admitted at the same hospital.
The gas explosion occurred inside their flat in a three-storey building on Friday, leaving at least 11 people of two families with various levels of burn injuries. The building has almost collapsed due to the explosion and has been sealed off.
Fire officials suspected that there might have been a gas line leak at the flat or that its residents had failed to turn off the stoves before going to bed on Thursday night.
As the gas accumulated in the rooms, when someone tried to turn on the stove at around 6am, it exploded with a bang.
Two separate probe bodies were formed to investigate the incident — one by the district administration and the other by Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company.
On the other hand, the Public Works Department has been asked to provide the structural design of the building.
The deadly explosion inside Baitus Salat Jame Masjid that led to the death of 34 people on September 4 last year is also located in Paschim Talla area.