Firefighters doused the blaze after two hours of tireless efforts
Property worth Tk30 lakh was damaged in a fire that broke out in Comilla's Mainamati on Sunday.
On information, firefighters from the nearby fire service station rushed to the spot and doused the flame after two hours of effort.
According to locals, the fire started from a shop in the Hosenpur area of Burichang upazila.
Immediately, the flame spread over to the neighbouring house of one Yunus and burned all the furniture and valuables of the house and the shop.
It caused a loss of at least Tk30 lakh, claimed the victims.
The members of the fire service suspected that the fire might have originated from an electric short circuit.