One of the brothers fell in the septic tank while the other died trying to rescue him
Two brothers died inhaling toxic gas after falling into a septic tank in Gobindaganj upazila of Gaibandha district early Monday morning.
They are Habibur Rahman, 25 and Hasan Ali, 28.
Arif Anwar, station manager of Gobindaganj Fire Service and Civil Defence said Habibur Rahman fell into the septic tank at around 5am.
When his brother Hasan and neighbour Mintu Miah climbed down the septic tank to rescue him they also fell sick.
Firefighters recovered the bodies of the two brothers and rescued Mintu from the tank.
Mintu was rushed to Polashbari Health Complex.