They were admitted to the burn unit of Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital as soon as their conditions deteriorated
At least four people, including three members of a family, were injured when a gas cylinder exploded at a house in Bogra’s Sherpur on Friday.
The incident occurred at around 10am at Anwar Hossain's house in Mahipur Colony village of Garidaha union of Sherpur injuring Anwar Hossain, 55, his wife Helena Begum, 48, son Nuruzzaman, 31, and wife of neighbour Motahar Hossain, Amena Khatun 48.
Informed, members of the fire service rushed to the spot, rescued the injured and rushed them to the Upazila Health Complex.
As conditions deteriorated, they were immediately admitted to the burn unit of Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital in Bogra.
Ratan Hossain, station officer of Sherpur Fire Service and Civil Defense, said Anwar Hossain of Mahipur village was trying to connect the newly bought gas cylinder to the stove when there was a sudden explosion of the gas cylinder.
Injured Anwar Hossain said the explosion occurred as soon as the gas cylinder was connected to the stove.
Within moments the whole kitchen caught fire, he added.
Mamunur Rashid, a doctor at the emergency department of Sherpur Upazila Health Complex, said the injured were sent to Bogra Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital with first aid.
The doctor further said 35% of their bodies were burnt.