Another person is undergoing treatment with severe burn injury
A faulty gas line leakage in an apartment complex caused the death of a gatekeeper in Narayanganj city yesterday.
Ujjwal Hossain, 49, died while undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka yesterday afternoon. He suffered 40 to 50% burns.
Ujjwal and co-worker Manik Mia, 42, of GM Garden in Chashara President Road area were burnt in an explosion when they went to the kitchen of the community hall around 11:30pm Sunday. They were rescued in critical condition and admitted to Narayanganj General Hospital.
There is no stove in the kitchen located on the building’s eighth floor. The gas line was used for cooking during events. It had remained faulty since long, District Deputy Director of Fire Service and Civil Defense Abdullah Al Arefin said. The gas line was repaired.
Manik is also undergoing treatment at the hospital with 30% burns, DMCH police outpost OC Bachchu Mia confirmed the matter to the Dhaka Tribune.