The fire might have been caused by a short circuit, says Fire Service official
Three Rohingyas have died as a fire broke out at Kutupalong Bazar adjacent to Kutupalong Rohingya camp in Ukhiya upazila of Cox's Bazar.
The incident took place around 4:30am on Friday.
Confirming the matter, Ukhiya Fire Service Station in-charge Md Emdadul Haq said being informed, they rushed to the spot and brought the blaze under control.
"Later we recovered three charred bodies."
The deceased are -- Ansar Ullah, 20, Faridul Islam, 25, Ayas, 22, residents of Block G 10 in Kutupalong Camp 10.
The trio, who were shop employees, was asleep when the fire gutted the market.
Kutupalong Bazar Committee President Md Helal Uddin, also the member of Rajapalong Union Parishad, said the fire burnt seven clothing stores and damaged 10 to 12 other shops.
Emdadul said the fire might have been caused by a short circuit.
On March 22, a devastating fire ripped through Balukhali Rohingya camp in Cox's Bazar Ukhiya, leaving at least 11 people dead and 45,000 homeless.