He suffered 50% burns in an explosion caused by a gas leak in the restaurant where he worked
A man has died five days after sustaining burn injuries in an explosion caused by a gas leak at a restaurant in Narayanganj’s Araihazar.
The deceased was identified as Farid Ali, 44, the manager of the restaurant.
He died on Wednesday night while undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
Araihazar police station officer in-charge (OC) Nazrul Islam confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.
Earlier on January 1, a fire broke out at the Royal Restaurant and Party Center in Araihazar Municipality Bazar. Four people, including Farid Ali, were injured in the incident.
Raju Mia, the brother of the deceased, said about 50% of Farid's body was burnt in the fire. He had been undergoing treatment since the incident. Later, on Wednesday night, the doctor pronounced him dead.
Araihazar police station OC Nazrul Islam said the blast took place in the kitchen of a restaurant on Friday afternoon. Four employees of the restaurant were seriously injured. The restaurant manager died on Wednesday.