The half an hour-long fire was doused by 3 fire-fighting units
In a ravaging fire in Narayanganj's Fatullah, 34 tin-shed houses rented by around 40 garment workers were gutted in the early hours of Friday.
The devastating fire caused a huge financial loss to its tenants, estimated to be around 35 lakh, although no casualty was reported.
The fire took place at Muslimnagar Noyabari area in Fatullah of Narayanganj Sadar upazila around 12:30am on Friday, confirmed Deputy Director (DD) Abdullah Al Arefin of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defence.
“The half an hour-long fire was doused by 3 fire-fighting units. Firemen failed to bring their water tanks at the incident spot due to narrow roads,” said DD Arefin.
The fire reportedly started due to a short circuit in the electricity line at the house of one Giasuddin, and spread in the area, sources said.