Four units of firefighters are working to bring the fire under control
A fire has broken out at Saiham Cotton Mills Ltd in Noapara area under Madhabpur upazila of Habiganj district
At least four units of firefighters are working to bring the fire under control which started around 1am on Thursday.
The fire was not under control till 9am on Thursday, according to news reports.
An electrical short circuit caused the fire, said MM Reza, deputy managing director of Saiham Cotton Mills.
The mill had cotton worth Tk100 crore in stock which are probably all burnt now, he added.
Madhabpur fire service Officer Md Rakib said four units of Habiganj and Madhabpur fire service are working together to bring the fire under control. They are also speculating that the fire originated from an electrical short circuit.
“The cotton mill has been on fire for about eight hours. Efforts are underway to control the fire. There were no immediate reports of injuries in the incident,” said Madhabpur police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Iqbal Hossain.