Three people were injured as their rented house caught fire on Tuesday
Two people succumbed to the injuries they sustained in a fire that started from the leakage of an illegal gas line in a house in Savar's Hemayetpur.
Farid Ahmed, 30, and Ridoy, 20, passed away while undergoing treatment at the burn unit of the Dhaka Medical College Hospital on Friday evening, confirmed Savar Model police station Sub-Inspector Sujan Shikdar.
Three people including the two deceased sustained severe burns, as a fire broke out in their house when they turned on the stove on Tuesday around 3am, according to locals.
The condition of one of the injured from the fire is still critical. All three of them worked as tile masons and lived at a rented apartment owned by Masum Hawlader in Mollapara of Hemayetpur.
Locals alleged that a few days ago the house owner installed an illegal gas connection which is responsible for the accident.
Savar model police station SI Sujan said the deceased Farid's sister Rikta is preparing to file a case in this connection.
The accident had taken place at a time when about a week ago, a probe body of Titas Gas found that unauthorized relocation of natural gas risers by two consumers, is one of the reasons for the September 4 Narayanganj mosque blast that left 34 people dead.
Additionally, the report concluded that nobody or no organization was solely responsible for the incident.