The deceased identified as Monir Hossain, was a plumber by profession
A man was electrocuted to death after he came in contact with a live electric wire while cleaning a water pipeline of a mosque in Baburail area of Narayanganj on Friday.
The deceased identified as Monir Hossain, was a plumber by profession, said Md Asaduzzaman, officer-in-Charge of Narayanganj Sadar Model police station.
He said: “Monir fell down from the third floor at around 11am after coming in contact with a dangling cable while he was cleaning a water pipeline of the mosque with an iron rod.”
“Later he was taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where duty doctors declared him dead, Asaduzzaman said.
Monir Hossain’s family did not file a case. The dead body was handed over to the family members without post mortem as per their wishes, the police official added.