They also recorded the statements of around 10 to 12 people who witnessed the horrific incident
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) on Tuesday visited the scene of the Fatullah mosque blast and collected evidence for further investigation.
They also recorded the statements of around 10 to 12 people who witnessed the horrific incident.
Speaking to Dhaka Tribune, CID Inspector Babul Hossain, who is also the investigation officer (IO) of the case filed over the incident, said: “We are trying to find out what had actually happened that day. And for that reason, we have recorded the statements of around 10 to 12 people, including eyewitnesses, those who were injured in the blast and local residents.”
He said that CID would now sort the statements depending on their usefulness for the ongoing investigation.
When asked about the progress of the investigation, he said, "We have collected evidence from the blast scene.”
“Investigation is underway. However, nothing can be said right now. You will have to wait a few more days,” he told the media.
"We don't have a fixed deadline to finish the investigation. But we will be able to identify the reasons and the culprits responsible for this incident soon. Then we will work as per instructions of our seniors,” the IO said.
Earlier on September 10, police handed over the Narayanganj mosque explosion case to the CID.
“The case is very complex in nature. We have consulted the higher authority of the police and decided to hand over the case to the CID to ensure a proper investigation,” Narayanganj Superintendent of Police Md Jayedul Alam told Dhaka Tribune.
“We have instructed Fatullah police station to hand over all documents related to the explosion to the CID officials,” he added.
The blast that took place at the Baitus Salah Jame Mosque of Narayanganj during Esha prayers on the night of September 4, has claimed the lives of a total of 31 people until Tuesday night.
One of the injured returned home after treatment while the condition of five others is still critical.