None will be allowed entry into the tourist spots without masks
Bandarban is set to host tourists from Friday once again as the tourist spots, hotels, and motels there would once again operate after a pause of about five months.
A meeting took place on Thursday morning at the district’s deputy commissioner's office in this regard, confirmed Bandarban Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) Shamim Hossain.
Kajal Kanti Das, a businessman in the local tourism sector, said: "The unemployment situation would be over as the tourist spots in Bandarban would finally be opened."
Sirajul Islam, general secretary of Hotel-Motel Owner's Association said: "Tourism came to a halt due to coronavirus. It's a large sector for income and employment in the district. Thousands became jobless because of the shutdown.”
Additional Deputy Commissioner Shamim Hossain said: "The tourists would be allowed entry on the condition that they follow necessary health guidelines as we are in the coronavirus pandemic. We will maintain a strict surveillance so that the tourists abide by the health directives. None will be allowed entry to the tourist spots without masks.”
Previously tourist spots in Rangamati and Cox's Bazar had also been opened for business.