The deceased were identified as Md Ekhlas, 25, and Arif, 22.
Two people got electrocuted and died installing an electric power line to a shop in Jamalpur's Madarganj upazila on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Md Ekhlas, 25, and Arif, 22, both of whom worked as electricians in the upazila.
Locals said Sultan Miya, a shop owner, sent the two electricians to an irrigation pump room, which was partially submerged in floodwaters in Birgopalpur village of the upazila.
When Sultan returned to the shop he found the two unconscious and asked locals for help.
Ekhlas and Arif were taken to the closest hospital where the duty doctors declared them dead.
Madarganj police station Sub-Inspector Sumon Chakroborty said: "An unnatural death case will be filed in connection with the incident," adding that trying to establish an electrical connection like that was illegal.