They mistakenly drank insecticide stored in a beverage bottle
Two children died in Pabna's Ishwardi upazila after consuming insecticide stored in a beverage bottle, not knowing that the bottle had insecticide in it.
Rahima Khatun, 8, Khadiza Khatun, 4, died undergoing treatment at a hospital in Dhaka on Wednesday and Thursday.
Locals said the three siblings Khadiza, Rahima, and Ritu Khatun, went to visit their grandparents' house on Tuesday in the village of Athail, in Dashuriya of the upazila.
Their uncle Rokon Uddin had stored insecticide in a bottle of 7 Up, which the two children drank and fell severely ill.
They were first taken to a local hospital and later transferred to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital when their condition deteriorated, said ward 6 councillor of Ishwardi municipality, Abul Hashem, quoting locals.
Khadiza died on Wednesday night and Rahima passed away on Thursday afternoon.