Several units of the Bandarban Fire Service rushed to spot and were able to control the fire through two hours of work
More than 300 shops have been gutted as a fire broke out at a market in Thanchi of Bandarban early Monday.
According to local sources, the fire might have originated from a cooking stove around 5:15 am at a shop. As soon as the fire spread around, over 300 shops in the market were gutted while the residents were rescued from the fire.
Several units of the Bandarban Fire Service rushed to the spot and were able to control the fire through two hours of work.
Confirming the information, Thanchi UNO Ariful Haque Mridul said no casualties have been reported in the incident.
Kaishailha, district parishad chairman of Bandarban, said locals worked along with the fire service officials to control the fire.