• Tuesday, Jun 02, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:32 am

Coronavirus: New deaths slow, offering glimmer of hope

  • Published at 12:13 pm April 6th, 2020
France-Covid-19-coronavirus
File Photo: Patients infected with coronavirus are stretchered into a military aircraft in France on April 5 Reuters

Till now, the number of cases stands at 1,274,578 

The death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus globally rose by 4,737 on Sunday, while the number of new cases also slowed, raising hope that the most aggressive phase of the epidemic may be passing.

According to Worldometers, 4,737 new coronavirus deaths were recorded on Sunday, taking the total number of deaths from Covid-19 across the world to 69,471.

The numbers are 1,062 lower than that of the previous day, which were 5,799.

Sunday’s total deaths were decreased by 20.8% from April 2, which were a record highest 5,979.

A week ago, on March 29, the numbers of new deaths worldwide were 3,204 and a week before that on March 22, it was 1,629.

Till now, the number of active cases stands at 939,898.

Of the active cases 894,307 (95%) were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 45,591 (5%) have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 264,833 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment – which was 79% of cases which had an outcome.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 69,468 lives since its discovery in December 2019 – which was 21% of cases which had an outcome.

In January, China effectively shut down Wuhan and placed its 11 million residents in effective quarantine after the novel coronavirus infection turned into outbreak.

The virus is thought to have emerged late last year in a Wuhan market illegally trading wildlife. It can cause pneumonia, respiratory diseases, among others, and spreads between people in droplets from coughs and sneezes.

Till now, coronavirus or Covid-19 has affected 206 countries and territories around the world.

50
50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail