Businessmen of the market claimed they have suffered a loss of Tk2 crore from the fire damage
At least 22 shops were gutted in a devastating fire that broke out in Bhola’s Charfesson Bazar in Charfesson upazila around 1:30am on Saturday.
Businessmen of the market claimed they have suffered a loss of Tk2 crore from the fire damage.
Locals said the fire started from a clothing store and spread across the market in a flash.
As many as five Fire Service and Civil Defence units were needed to put out the fire after a frantic two hours..
Charfesson Fire Service and Civil Defence Station Sub-officer Iqbal Karim said: "We could not confirm the cause of the fire or the extent of damage yet. A committee will be formed to investigate the fire."
Charfesson police station OC Shamsul Arefin said: "The fire originated from an electric short circuit which gutted many shops including grocery, hardware and gas cylinder shops. Businessmen of the market claimed the fire caused a loss of Tk2 crore."