• Monday, Jan 20, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:47 am

1 dies in Chittagong fire

  • Published at 02:24 pm December 7th, 2019
Chittagong map
Map of Chittagong Dhaka Tribune

The fire was sparked by an electrical short-circuit

A man has been burnt to death after a fire broke out at a house in Boalkhali upazila of Chittagong.

The fire broke out at the Paschim Gomdondi area around 12:30am on Saturday.

The deceased is Nurul Azim, 35.

On information, two fire fighting vehicles went to the spot and doused the fire around 1:50am.

Al Mamun, Boalkhali Fire Station fire fighter, told Dhaka Tribune that the fire was sparked by an electrical short-circuit, and gutted six rooms of the building.

“The ill-fated man could not leave the house when the fire began, and died on spot,” he said.

Valuables worth around Tk10 lakh were recovered from the building.

The extent of damage due to the fire was estimated at Tk1.50 lakh.