The death toll rose to four
Three members of a family succumbed to their burn injuries after a fire broke out at their house in Double Mooring area on October 19.
They succumbed to their burn injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Thursday, reports UNB.
The deceased were identified as Amir Hossain, 32, son of Abul Khayer of Gouranagar village in Nabinagar upazila of Brahmanbaria, his wife Khaleda Akhter, 25, and daughter Unia, 5.
Earlier, Amir’s son Md Ashraful, 4, died in the fire incident.
Amir’s brother Jamal Hossain said Amir, a fish trader, succumbed to his burn injuries around 10am on Wednesday while Unia around 11pm the same day and Khaleda died around 2am on Thursday.
All the four members of the family were injured in the fire at their rented house at Moulvipara in the early hours of October 19. The fire originated from an electric short circuit.
They were immediately taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where Ashraful succumbed to his injuries around 7am on the day while the rest were sent to the DMCH for better treatment.