• Wednesday, Nov 13, 2019
  • Last Update : 11:25 am

Man electrocuted in Barisal

  • Published at 11:48 pm July 22nd, 2019
Electrocution
Representational image Bigstock

Daughter says he touched a toilet door

A man was electrocted, and died after he touched a toilet door in the Barisal river port area on Monday afternoon.

The deceased was identified as Makbul Hossain, 62, who worked as a porter in the area, confirmed Kotwali police station OC Nurul Islam.

Makbul was electrocuted when he touched a tin made door of the toilet, said the victim's daughter Lita Akhter. Following the incident locals took him to Barisal Sher E Bangla Medical College Hospital, where the duty-doctor declared him dead.

An unnatural death case was filed in connection with the incident.