• Saturday, Jan 18, 2020
  • Last Update : 11:15 pm

Mother and son electrocuted in Saidpur

  • Published at 12:57 pm July 8th, 2019
Electrocution
Photo: Bigstock

The bodies are handed over to their family

A mother and her son have been electrocuted in Munshipara area under Saidpur upazila of Nilphamari district.

The deceased are Sahara Khatun, 56, and her son Sohel, 22, who worked in a garments shop in Saidpur Municipal Bazar.

The incident occurred near Saidpur Municipal Women Degree College on Monday morning.

Saidpur Municipality Ward 5 Councillor Sheikh Mohon said: "Sahara went to hang clothes over an electric wire and got electrocuted.

"Sohel also got electrocuted when as he came to rescue his mother."

Shahjahan Pasha, officer-in-charge of Saidpur police station, said: "Death by electrocution does not require autopsy, a certificate from the doctor is enough.

"The bodies have been handed over to their family."