• Sunday, Mar 29, 2020
  • Last Update : 07:41 am

Sanjida, burned in Natore, dies in Dhaka

  • Published at 11:13 pm July 2nd, 2019
Web-Natore-map

She died under treatment in Dhaka's Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical College

Sanjida, one of the two Natore students who got burned in a stove blast in Jyoti student hostel in Natore's North Borgachha area, has died.

Kausar Ali, brother of the other victim Shamima, confirmed it to Dhaka Tribune on Tuesday. 

Shamima is currently receiving treatment in the Burn Unit of Dhaka's Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), Kausar said.

Kausar said: "Sanjida, who was burned on June 27 in Jyoti student hostel, was transferred from Rajshahi Medical College and Hospital to the Burn Unit of BSMMU. She passed away around 8:30am, five days after she was admitted."

Shamima's condition is also critical, Kausar said.

Sanjida, from Arbab union under Lalpur upazila, was a 12th grader in Natore's Nawab Siraj-Ud-Dowla Government College.  Shamima is also a student of the same institution. 

At least three people - including two female students - have suffered burn injuries when a kerosene stove caught fire at a girls’ hostel in Natore. The incident occurred in Natore city’s North Baragachha on Thursday morning. 

The other injured is their neighbour Abul Kashem, who received minimal burn injuries when he rushed to rescue the girls. However, he has recovered fully after receiving treatment.