Goods and products worth Tk1,885,000 were consumed by the flames
At least 19 shops have been gutted in a fire at a market adjacent to a Youth Development Building in Kurigram.
Locals said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at a grocery shop around 3am on Sunday, and soon spread to other shops.
Acting on information, Kurigram Fire Service and Civil Defense responded to the scene and doused the blaze after two hours of intense efforts.
Kurigram Fire Service and Civil Defense control room duty officer Kamruzzaman said goods and products worth around Tk1,885,000 were burned to ash in the fire.