Two others are being treated at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital
A Russian national, who worked at the Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant in Pabna, has died reportedly of alcohol poisoning.
Belyy Dmitry died of poisoning around 10:30pm on Saturday.
Two others-- Lev Logachev and Misha-- have been admitted to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital because of alcohol poisoning.
Rajshahi’s Rajpara police station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Hafizur Rahman told the Dhaka Tribune: “Four Russian engineers in Pabna consumed excessive alcohol on Friday. They fell sick the next day [Saturday].”
“They were first taken to Pabna’s Ishwardi Upazila Health Complex and later shifted to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital, where the duty doctors declared Dmitry dead.”
Two other engineers -- Lev Logachev and Misha—are undergoing treatment at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH).
RMCH doctor Nafis Rahman said: "Dmitry died of alcohol poisoning. He was dead even before arriving in the hospital.
“The other two are being treated at the hospital. Of them, one is in a better condition."