• Wednesday, Jan 22, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:34 am

4 of a family burnt in Gazipur fire

  • Published at 04:01 pm March 30th, 2019
WEB_ Fire Arson
Bigstock

The fire originated from a mosquito coil

Four members of a family have suffered burn injuries in a fire at a house in Gazipur's Mahanagar Chakrabarti area.

The fire, originating from a mosquito coil, injured Abdul Jalil, 45, his son Yasin Mahmud, 13, daughter Jiyasmin Akter, 20, and son-in-law Abul Hasan, 23, around 3am on Friday.

The locals took them to a local hospital after which the burn victims were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for better treatment.

The injured father Abdul Jalil said: The fire originated in my daughter Jiyasmin's room where the other family members were too. Hearing their screams, I went in to help and got burnt too.

DMCH police camp In-Charge Sub inspector (SI) Bachchu Mia, confirming the matter, said: "The victims are under proper medical supervision. One of the victims Jiyasmin, is in critical condition as 87% of her body is burnt."