The incidents took place in Gopalganj and Noakhali districts
Two persons have been electrocuted in separate incidents in Gopalganj and Noakhali districts.
In Gopalganj, a fisheries businessman died of electrocution at Chatrakanda village in Kotalipara upazila around 11:30am on Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Samiul Molla, 28, son of Sekendar Ali of Chatrakanda village. He ran a poultry feed business and fish farm.
Kotalipara police station Officer-in-Charge (OC), Md Kamrul Faruk, said: “Samiul was electrocuted while he had been watering a vegetable patch using an electric pump. Later his family members took him to Kotalipara upazila health complex wherethe on-duty physician declared him dead.”
Kotalipara Upazila Health and Family Welfare Officer, Dr Premananda Mandal, said Samiul had died before he was brought to the hospital.
In Noakhali, another businessman died of electrocution in the Maijdee area of Noakhali district town.
The incident occurred in front of the entrance of Noakhali Government Women's College around 9pm on Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Abu Taher, 23, from Haziganj upazila of Chandpur. He was a furniture trader.
Locals said the incident occurred when Taher tried to move an electric wire hanging over the road that was blocking his truck loaded with furniture. He died on the spot after grabbing the wire with his hand.
Anwar Hossain, officer-in-charge (OC) of Sudharam model police station, said the body was recovered and sent to Noakhali general hospital morgue for autopsy.