• Wednesday, Jun 26, 2019
  • Last Update : 02:27 pm

Eight of a family burned in Narail gas cylinder explosion

  • Published at 10:55 pm January 25th, 2019
Web_Narail-map
Map of Narail district

The injured are Abdul Fakir Sabur, 45, Khandaker Imran, 42, Lipi Begum, 30, Munni Akhter, 16, Sifat, 10, Chaina Begum, 35, Humayun Kabir, 45, and Murad Mollah, 2

Eight members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire that broke out from a gas cylinder at their house of Sadhukhali village in the sadar upazila on Friday noon.

The injured are Abdul Fakir Sabur, 45, Khandaker Imran, 42, Lipi Begum, 30, Munni Akhter, 16, Sifat, 10, Chaina Begum, 35, Humayun Kabir, 45, and Murad Mollah, 2, reports UNB.

House owner Fakir said they replaced the old gas cylinder with a new one on Friday. The fire erupted when the gas stove was ignited around 12:30pm.

They tried to douse the fire with sacks and sand.

However, the fire engulfed the entire house when they removed the sacks, injuring eight family members.

Md Ahaduzzaman, station officer of Narail Fire Service, said three firefighting units rushed in and doused the fire.

Of the injured, five sustained 50-60% burns on their bodies, according to duty physician Dr Hafizur Rahman Mukta at the Narail Sadar Hospital.