• Sunday, Feb 23, 2020
  • Last Update : 12:03 am

Fire guts 180 rooms at Gazipur workers’ colony

  • Published at 11:09 am December 27th, 2018
Fire
Representational photo Collected

The fire spread soon after it broke out

At least 180 rooms at the workers’ colony in Chakrawarty area of Gazipur city have been ravaged when a fire broke out.

The fire originated from an electric short circuit at a tin-shed room of the colony around 4:45am on Thursday, reports UNB.

According to the local office of Fire Service and Civil Defence, the fire spread soon after it broke out.

On information, four fire fighting units from Kaliakair and Savar Export Processing Zones (EPZ) stations went to the spot and extinguished the blaze around 7:30am.