They lost consciousness while doing maintenance work
Two workers have died after inhaling toxic gasses inside a septic tank at a water treatment plant in Chittagong.
The accident took place at a Wasa water treatment plant, at Modunaghat area, under Hathazari upazila on Monday.
The victims have been identified as Nazrul Islam, 30, and Md Yusuf, 22.
Assistant Sub-Inspector of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital (CMCH) police outpost Alauddin Talukder said, the two workers lost consciousness after inhaling ammonia gas—while engaged in maintenance work on a septic tank at the water treatment plant.
Later, they were rescued and brought to CMCH, where the on-duty doctors pronounced them dead, Alauddin said.