No casualties have been reported
A fire has gutted 14 shanties of a Rohingya camp in Cox’s Bazar’s Teknaf upazila.
No casualties have been reported in connection to Wednesday morning’s incident.
The fire originated from a gas cylinder in a Rohingya house in the camp located in the Chakmarkul area—according to Teknaf police station’s OC Ranjit Kumar Barua, quoting locals.
Locals managed to douse the flames before the firefighters reached the scene, he said.
The authorities concerned have assured that they will assist the affected Rohingya families, the OC added.