The incident happened around 4:30pm in the Jhautala Diesel Colony Masjid area under the Khulshi police station
Three people, including two siblings died having inhaled toxic gas after falling into a septic tank in Chittagong on Friday.
The incident happened around 4:30pm in the Jhautala Diesel Colony Masjid area under the Khulshi police station.
The deceased have been identified as Sifat, 12, Imran Hossain, 25 and his younger brother Rubel, 18, confirmed Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) police outpost Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) Alauddin Talukdar to the Dhaka Tribune.
ASI Alauddin said: "They were playing in a playground behind the Masjid when their football fell into an abandoned septic tank. Imran and his brother were trying to rescue Sifat who got trapped inside the tank trying to pick the ball. They all died from inhaling the toxic gas that emanated from the tank.”
“Fire fighters found the trio in unconscious state and took them to the CMCH, where the on-duty doctor pronounced them dead,” said Assistant Deputy Director of Fire Service and Civil Defense of Chittagong Jashim Uddin.