The cleaners had gone to the house of Yusuf Ali in the area to clean the septic tank
Three cleaners have died after inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank at an under-construction house in Gazipur.
The accident occurred at around 12:45pm, in the Sataish area of Tongi on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Atique, 38, and Shaheen, 30, from Phulbaria upazila in Mymensingh district, and Faruk, 35, from Rangpur district.
Ashiqur Rahman, station officer of Tongi Fire Service, said the three cleaners had gone to the house of Yusuf Ali in the area to clean the septic tank.
At one stage, Atique fell sick while cleaning the tank. Shaheen went in looking for him, and after both of them had been missing for some time, Faruk went in to investigate and went missing as well.
After getting no response from inside the tank, locals informed the fire service.
A fire fighting unit managed to retrieve the three workers and took them to a local hospital, where doctors declared them dead.