• Thursday, Sep 20, 2018
  • Last Update : 11:00 am

Two more bodies recovered from Sylhet stone quarry

  • Published at 02:01 pm March 1st, 2018
Two more bodies recovered from Sylhet stone quarry
The bodies of two more labours have been recovered from from a quarry in Companiganj upazila of Sylhet district. Firefighters recovered the bodies of Jahir Hosain, 36, and Afaz Uddin, 40, on Wednesday night. Earlier on the same day, 45-year-old Kachha Miya died in the incident at Shah Arfin Tila. Companiganj police station Inspector (Investigation) Dilip Kanta Nath confirmed the matter on Thursday morning. He said: "The two bodies were recovered last night [Wednesday]. Kachha was rescued after the incident but he died on the way to the hospital.
Also Read- Another killed in Sylhet stone quarry, two more missing
"All the bodies have been sent to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital for autopsy." The inspector said a case will be filed in this regard. Witnesses said some labourers were extracting stones when the shaft suddenly collapsed on them. One Abdul Goni was also injured in the incident. Earlier on Sunday, five workers were killed and three others injured in a similar incident at the Bholaganj quarry under the same upazila.