• Thursday, Dec 12, 2019
  • Last Update : 05:06 am

Four of a family burnt in Ashulia residence fire

  • Published at 10:38 pm September 22nd, 2017
  • Last updated at 10:39 pm September 22nd, 2017
Four of a family burnt in Ashulia residence fire
Four members of a family, including an eight-month-old infant, have sustained burn injuries after a fire broke out at a residence in Jamgora area of Ashulia, Savar. At least five other people were also injured and some 20 rooms burnt to ashes in the same fire, which originated at a room in Kader Muhury’s house located in Jamgora’s Sramik Pally, an enclosed area comprised of 40 tin-shed rooms, around 7:15pm on Friday. The family members who sustained burn injuries are Nasima Begum, her eight-month-old son Nadim, Nasima’s sister Shanta and Shanta’s husband Sohel Rana. Of them, Nasima, Nadim and Sohel were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in critical condition. According to local and fire services sources,  the fire spread to the other rooms of Kader Muhury’s house within a few minutes of being noticed by locals. Immediately after the fire broke out, locals not only informed fire services but also started conducting rescue missions themselves. Three units of fire services brought the fire under control after one and a half-hours of effort. Senior station officer at DEPZ Fire Service Abdul Hamid confirmed the matter to the Dhaka Tribune, though he could not confirm the source of the fire and the amount of loss it had caused.