Police have named one of the militants who took part in a bombing near Sylhet's Shibbari during a counter-terrorism operation last month.
“Ashraful Alam Nazim, hailing from Noakhali's Sonaimuri upazila, took part in the bombing on March 25 with two others,” Moulvibazar district police chief Mohammad Shah Jalal told the media on Tuesday.
His mother Monowara Begum and three others, including a local union parishad member, came to Moulvibazar and identified Nazim's body in the afternoon.
Monowara said that she would not accept her son's body.
Security forces killed Nazim and two other militants holed up at the Borohat militant hideout on April 1.
Police said the trio had travelled to Sylhet and set off two bombs near Atia Mahal when army para-commandos were trying to flush out four militants.
Seven people, including two police officers and RAB intelligence wing chief, were killed and nearly 50 others were injured in the blasts.
Nazim's mother said her son last contacted her about eight months ago when he told her that he was studying at a madrasa in Dhaka.