The school named Terail Government Primary School was established in 1904. Jahir Shah of Olinagar village in the upazila donated 14 decimal of land that year to set up the school for the children of the locality.
In 1966, the school was shifted to another land on western side of Terail Bazar, as it could not accommodate the students in the existing establishment.
After that, the students of the school used to play on the vacant land.
Later, youths of the village set up a club there temporarily and used the land as a playground.
Abdul Gani and his son-in-law Azizul Haque of the village grabbed the land of the school and started living there building a tin-shed house after 1975.
Headmaster of the school told the Dhaka Tribune that there were some problems regarding the land of the school.
The details could not be told, he added.
When our correspondent wanted to see the papers of the old school, he could not show any papers.
According to the villagers, Gani became the president of the school managing committee after the school went public in 1972 and assumed the post several times.
For last six years, his son-in-law has been the president of the committee.
Gani’s wife Manjuara Khatun retired from the school as head mistress two years ago after serving the institution for 15 years.
Besides, Gani was assistant land official (Tahsildar) at Bamundi Union Land Office for five years.
During that time, he made a fake document of the land showing Ahammed Ali of Mahabbatpur village owner of the land.
Then he made another document, which showed that he purchased the land from Ahammed.
When contacted, Gani told the Dhaka Tribune that he took possession of the land, as he purchased it.
He also showed some documents of the land.
Gani claimed that the land is mentioned as a property of the government’s education department in Revised Survey (RS) record mistakenly.