The first instalment of the list containing names and addresses of 10,789 Razakars was published on Sunday
Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Huq has said the list of Razakars will be withdrawn if it is faced with a myriad of complaints.
He made the statement while talking to journalists at Shilpakala Academy on Tuesday.
Expressing regret about the list, the minister said: “This list was already prepared. We just published what the Home Ministry gave us.
“The list will be withdrawn if faced with massive amount of complaints.”
Earlier on Sunday, the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs published the first instalment of the list containing the names and addresses of 10,789 Razakars, who collaborated with the Pakistani occupation forces during the 1971 Liberation War.
However, it was found that apparently the list includes names of several freedom fighters and pro-liberation individuals.
Bangladesh Samajtantrik Dal’s Barisal district unit Member Secretary Dr Manisha Chakraborty, on a Facebook post on Monday, said the names of her father Advocate Tapan Kumar Chakraborty and grandmother Usha Rani Chakraborty were among the collaborators of Barisal Division.
When asked about the matter, AKM Mozammel Huq said: “The list was prepared earlier and it has been published without any changes. We are now collecting evidence based on the complaints.”
He added: “We are trying to find out if anyone’s name was included on purpose.”
The minister said: “I am also a freedom fighter; if my name had been on the list, then I too would have felt as bad they do.”