A total of 19 journalists were given the award this year
The Dhaka Reporters Unity (DRU) Best Reporting Award 2018 was announced on Thursday. A total of 19 journalists were given the award this year.
The recipients in the Print and Online media section are:
1. Dhaka Tribune reporter Bilkis Irani, for her report titled “Who is behind the rice price hikes?” in the Food and Agriculture category
2. Bangla Tribune reporter Shahed Shafique, for his report titled "Kotota basjoggo Bhasan Char? (How habitable is Bhasan Char?)”, in the Politics and Good Governance category
3. Financial Express journalists Jasim Uddin Harun and Jubayer Hasan, for their report “Economic zones face delay as land development in slow lane” in the Commerce and Economy category
4. Daily Amar Desh journalist Faruque Alam, for his report titled “Kukurer kamorey ek bochhorey 70 hajar manush hashpataley (70,000 people hospitalized after dog attack)” in the Service Sector category
5. The Daily Star journalists Inam Ahmed and Shakhawat Liton, for their report titled “Yaba invasion 1: Hostage to Myanmar” in the Crime and Law and Order category
6. Daily Bangladesher Khobor reporter Nazmul Ahsan Raju, for his report titled “Ainer por 4 bochhorey pranhani 460; shocheton howar poramorsho bisheshoggoder (460 deaths after law formulation; experts call for awareness)” in the Women, Children and Human Rights category
7. Daily Samakal’s Abu Saleh Rony and Rajib Noor, for their reports titled “Shortcutey gazette bhukto hochchhen muktijoddhara (Freedom fighters taking short-cuts to be included in gazette)” and “ Pothey pothey lasher michhil (Trails of bodies on the streets)” in the War of Liberation category
8. Jagonews24.com reporter Murad Hossain for his report titled “Ki porano hoy kindergarten schooley? (What is being taught in kindergarten schools?)”, and the Daily Kaler Kantho reporter Shariful Alam Sumon for his report titled “Durbodhyo srijonshiley dishehara shikkha (Education loses direction, thanks to creative method)” in the Education category
9. Daily Prothom Alo reporter Masud Alam, for his report titled “Chair niye karakaritey shorbonash (Fight over leadership leads to trouble)” in the Sports category
10. Jagonews24.com reporter Md Jahangir Alam, for his report titled “Protikarer chaitey hoyrani beshi (Cases under the ICT Act: Harassment rather than remedy)” in the ICT category
In addition, in the Television and Radio section, DBC channel’s Rajib Ghosh won the award in the Politics and Good Governance category, Channel 24’s Abdul Qaiyum Tuhin in the Commerce and Economy category, Jamuna Television journalist Apurbo Alauddin in the Service category, BBC Bangla’s Farhana Parvin in the Crime and Law and Order category, and NTV’s Hasan Javed in the Women, Children and Human Rights category.