A notification was issued in this regard by the Inter Education Board Coordination Subcommittee on Sunday
Colleges have been instructed to verify the applications made under the quota for the children of freedom fighters before grade XI admissions.
A notification was issued in this regard by the Inter Education Board Coordination Subcommittee on Sunday.
According to the directives, the concerned heads of the country’s colleges will have to cross check the applicants who want to secure college admission through the quota for children of freedom fighters with the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, said the release.
They will have to follow the same procedure for the PRL and recruitment, added the release signed by the Dhaka Education Board Chairman and Bangladesh Inter-Education Board Coordination Subcommittee Chief, Professor M Ziaul Haque.
Admission of those who fail to submit necessary documents under the quota for the children of freedom fighters will be cancelled, said the release.
On September 8, the Education Ministry issued two separate letters — one on the admissions deadline, and the other on enrolment fees.
According to the admission policy issued earlier, monthly pay order (MPO) registered educational institutions in municipal (upazila) areas cannot take more than Tk1,000, including session and admission fees for class XI students, Tk2,000 in municipal (district headquarters) areas, and Tk3,000 in metropolitan areas other than Dhaka.
No more than Tk5,000 can be collected for admission to MPO registered educational institutions in the Dhaka metropolitan area.
A maximum of Tk8,000 for the English version and Tk7,000 for the Bangla version, can be charged for the development of partial MPO or non-MPO educational institutions in the Dhaka metropolitan area, and for the payment of salaries and allowances to non-MPO teachers.
Then on September 13, Inter Education Board Coordination Subcommittee announced that the classes for grade XI are set to start from the first week of October.
“The classes will be held online.”
“But regular classes will resume when educational institutes reopen,” said Prof Ziaul Haque.
Earlier, the Education Ministry said no decision had been taken yet on when educational institutions would reopen, and when the HSC and equivalent examinations would be held due to health risks posed by the coronavirus
The ministry is currently exploring alternative methods for the HSC exams.
Its three departments were instructed to submit proposals suggesting alternative methods to hold this year’s HSC and equivalent examinations amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.