Education Minister Dr Dipu said a total of 1,700,102 students will participate in the SSC exam
The Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and equivalent examinations under ten education boards are set to begin on February 2.
“A total of 2,135,333 students from 28,682 educational institutions will take the exams. Of them 1,070,441 students are male and 1,064,892 female,” Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni said this while addressing a press briefing; in the conference room of the Education Ministry on Thursday.
Dr Dipu said 1,700,102 students will participate in the SSC examination under eight general education boards. Of the students, 822,661 candidates are male and 877,441 female, reports BSS.
Some 310,172 students will take the Dakhil examinations while 125,059 students will participate in the SSC (vocational) examination.
In 2018, a total of 2,031,899 students, including 1,023,212 boys and 1,008,687 girls took part in the SSC and equivalent examinations. A total of 434 students from eight overseas centres will sit for the SSC examinations this year.
The education minister said an extra 20 minutes time will be given to students with disabilities to take the SSC and equivalent examinations; while test-takers with autism will be given 30 extra minutes. The education minister said examinees must enter their examination halls 30 minutes before the scheduled time of the examination.
She added: “The government has strengthened its efforts to curb question paper leakages during the SSC and equivalent examinations. Stern action will be taken against those found to be involved in any irregularities; including leaking question papers during the SSC examinations.
“No question papers were leaked during the public examinations last year. I hope that we will be able to hold the SSC examination peacefully and end question paper leakages during public examinations.”
She said all departments concerned are working determinedly to root out all possible sources of question paper leakages as a vested quarter are involved with the practice.
She also revealed that the government has decided to shut down all coaching centres during the SSC and equivalent examinations.
Deputy Minister for education Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury, Senior Secretary of the Education Ministry Md Sohrab Hossain, senior officials, and chairmen of the different education boards, among others, were present at the briefing.