Abul Kalam Azad, senior station officer of Baridhara Fire Station, told Dhaka Tribune no casualties were reported in the incident
A fire that caught at the corporate office of Samsung in Banani, Dhaka was doused around 2:10pm on Tuesday.
Abul Kalam Azad, senior station officer of Baridhara Fire Station, told Dhaka Tribune no casualties were reported in the incident.
Firefighters rushed to the spot as soon as they received news of the fire around 1:43pm. It took four firefighting units about half an hour to douse the blaze.
The fire gutted the second floor of the six-storey building of Fair group, where corporate office of Samsung is situated, the senior station officer said.
“Initially, it is presumed that the fire broke out due to an electrical short-circuit. The damage is yet to be determined. The actual cause of the fire and amount of damage can be confirmed after the report by the probe body that will soon be formed by our high-ups,” Azad added.
Although the floor was well equipped with fire extinguishing devices, the ventilation system was poor.
Azam Mia, officer-in-charge of Banani police station, said more than 50 people managed to safely evacuate through an adjacent building.