Four people were killed and over 200 injured during the Bhola clash
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal said the government has sought information from Facebook authorities to identify those, who unleashed violence in Bhola using Facebook.
“We will get information from Facebook authorities within next two or three days, and the information will help us identify the culprits behind the incident,” he told journalists at his ministry office on Monday, reports BSS.
He said, the investigation has already begun and action will be taken against the culprits.
Earlier on Sunday, four people were killed and over 200 injured in Bhola's Borhanuddin upazila, as police opened fire to disperse a mob, who gathered there demanding punishment for a Hindu man named Biplob Chandra Shuvo, who they believed was responsible for hate conversations against Islam on Facebook Messenger app.
Biplob went to Borhanuddin police station on October 19 to file a general diary claiming that his account had been hacked.
The minister urged the countrymen to have patience and wait for at least three days, as the law enforcement agencies already arrested two people.
Kamal said: “We will take stern action against those who are found guilty. Police arrested two people with alleged links to the hacking of the Facebook account which was used to trigger the violence.”
The minister said soon after the incident, he contacted Bhola Superintendent of Police Sarker Mohammad Kaiser.
The SP said a rally was staged in this regard and later two or three hundred people swooped on police after the rally.
Kamal said a section of people are trying to make the country unstable by spreading propaganda.
Police and locals said the messages, which were sent to several people from Biplob’s account, contained derogatory remarks about Allah and Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Screenshots of the messages went viral on Facebook, triggering condemnation and protests.