• Friday, Nov 15, 2019
  • Last Update : 04:45 pm

Woman severely burnt in explosion from gas leak

  • Published at 09:00 pm October 6th, 2019
File photo of Dhaka Medical College Hospital
File photo of the entrance of Dhaka Medical College Hospital Dhaka Tribune

Duty doctor said, she received  95% burn

A woman suffered severe burn injuries after a fire broke out in her house in Dhaka’s Badda area.

The fire reportedly took place from a gas leakage on Sunday.

Nupur, 22, was burnt when an electric switch in her house caused a spark which triggered the fire.

She was rushed to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH). She is currently admitted at the hospital’s Burn and Plastic Surgery unit. 

The Duty doctor said, 95% of her body was burnt.

Badda police station officer-in-charge (OC) (operations) Md Tasin Gazi confirmed the matter.

Nupur’s husband Md Jahangir is a private car driver.

He said: “One of our rooms in the house had the gas leakage problem, we complained numerous times to our landlord Shumon about the leakage, but he didn’t do anything. Later, we shifted our furniture from that room to another one.”

“Today (Sunday), around 3pm, Nupur went to that room to turn off the fan’s switch, at that time the   explosion took place with a loud noise,” Jahangir added.

Jahangir, and his six-year-old son were not at home during the incident.