The injured have been admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH)
A man has died from electrocution while two others have been injured in separate incidents in the capital city of Dhaka.
The deceased was identified as Jinnah Mondol, 30, son of Wahed Mondol from Char Madhobi village of Faridpur Sadar Upazila.
The incident occurred around 2pm on Saturday at Kamrangirchar and Shampur upazila.
The injured are Rabbi, 16, and Zakir, 45.
Brother-in-law of the deceased, Amzad Molla, said Jinnah was electrocuted while working at a construction site near his house in Kamrangirchar. Later, locals sent him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), where the on-duty doctors declared him dead.
Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) police outpost In-Charge Bachchu Mia said Jinnah’s body has been sent to DMCH morgue for autopsy.
In a separate incident, two workers of Hasan Steel Mill were electrocuted when the rod they were carrying, came into contact with electricity.
The on-site supervisor of the Steel Mill, Farhad said: “Their co-workers admitted them to the burn unit of DMCH.”
Quoting doctors, DMCH police outpost In-Charge Bachchu Mia said: “Rabbi sustained 45% burns while Zaki was burnt 5% . Rabbi is in critical condition.”